Tuesday 20 March 2007

Chicken Pasta


Mmm, chicken
Originally uploaded by mooosh.
A little experiment with this, and not complicated in the slightest. I was driving home from work the other day and was thinking what to cook for tea as there wasn't much there. I fancied trying something with some mushrooms that were there and something creamy (probably inspired by my visit to No16 restaurant). I bought a pot of cream on my way home and came up with this. All I did was brown the chicken in a wok then add my vegetables. I used mushrooms, red and yellow pepper, garlic, and spring onions. once these were looking cooked I added a pot of single cream. When you simmer this gently, the cream starts to thicken and thegarlic and mushroom flavours infuse with it. I also added chickpeas and sweetcorn towards the end just as another flavour.

This meal literally took 15 minutes to cook. I added cooked pasta to it when it was done and mixed it all together. I must say it turned out to be very nice and Claire was mightily impressed too!

No comments: