Tuesday 10 April 2007

Something To Try With Roasting Meat

Something I have tried a couple of times, but alas I don't have pictures! I tried this with lamb first of all and something similar with beef the other day.

With the lamb, when I was preparing it, I sliced up some garlic, and had some fresh sprigs of rosemary. Using a sharp knife put random cuts into the skin. In these cuts put in your garlic slices and your rosemary sprigs, and that's it simple as that. Put into a pre-heated oven and roast until cooked. The garlic and the rosemary flavour the meat so well, rosemary especially goes well with lamb.

I did a similar thing with beef the other day. I just used garlic this time and did the same as with the lamb. It was then drizzled in olive oil and put in the oven for an hour and a half before it was removed, covered and left to rest for 20 minutes. I find Beef a bit tough sometimes but the garlic flavoured it and helped it stay nice and juicy.

Give it a go, hopefully you'll like it too

No comments: