Monday 12 February 2007

In The Beginning...

... there was little old me who very rarely cooked apart from a fry-up on Saturday evenings and some Asda noodles now and again. Then things started to change, I moved in with my then girlfriend (now she's my beautiful wife :)) and I started to get more adventurous... in the kitchen! So on a diet of cookery shows on TV and then some cookery books, cooking became very interesting.

This blog is aimed to show what can be done both quickly, and if you've got some time. Also I hope it shows what can be done without being any sort of expert.

Some of the dishes will have been taken from recipe books so recipes will not be listed in case of some sort of copyright infringement, but I will tell you which cookery books the recipes are taken from in case you want to get them. The other dishes will be of my own creation or been inspired by recipes and where I can I will list the ingredients etc.

My influences? Jamie Oliver, Delia Smith, Ainsley Harriot, Ina Garten (Barefoot Contessa), Antony Worrall Thompson, Two Fat Ladies, I could go on but that's the main ones I think. Links for their websites will appear for all the inspirational cooks.

And the title of this blog? I'm an engineer, the complete opposite of a cook! And I ROCK! I'll probably list the songs I listen to whilst cooking each dish :) As I write this I'm listening to Dire Straits Sultans of Swing! (Not quite as rock as I normally am!)

Look out for my first post shortly

No comments: